Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 12 August 19:
Desert Fox Deluxe and RAF Deluxe
Deal of the Month
August Deal of the Month is Hurtgen: Hells Forest for $99 (reg.
On sale 1 – 31 August 2019! Add to cart to see price difference!
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We are starting the next group of World at War magazine games on 17 Sep. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in Strategy & Tactics #322-328 Game Editions.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We will have beta kits of Lucky Forward (ideally four players) ready for testing in July. Those interested in Lucky Forward should e-mail Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
We are seeking applicants for a full-time, in-office Magazine Ad Sales position. We are also seeking a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Contact Doc at email@example.com
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle has released. E-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping with the alpha testing of the two-player version.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 125 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
The Crusades (STQ#7) has shipped. We are accepting subscriptions starting with issue #8 (Tet Offensive) until 14 Oct 19. Get the current issue now!
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #318 with Constantinople (solo) has just shipped. Strategy & Tactics #319 features Schlieffen’s Plan and will be shipping in late September. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #43 with Operation Serval has just shipped. Modern War #44 features Desert One War and will ship in early October. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #67 with Battle of Changsha has shipped. World at War #68 with France ‘40 will ship in early September. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
Four new mini games are available: Montrose, Khartoum, Lawrence, and Telemark.
Bleeding Kansas is available for direct order and at retail outlets now.
Desert Fox Deluxe will be available for direct order in September. Pledge ordering closes 16 Aug.
RAF (3rd printing –mounted boards and upgraded rules will be available in kit format like D-Day games) will be available for direct order in September. Pre-order discount closes 16 Aug.
Lucky Forward will be released in January 2020. Pledge Now!
Axis Empires will follow Lucky Forward in production. Pledge Now!
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel)
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek)
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81)
- World at War #63 (Central Pacific Campaign)
- Strategy & Tactics #314 (Last Stand at Isandlwana)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #4: World War III: What Ifs
- Modern War #39 (AOE Iran)
- World at War #64 (Rats of Tobruk)
- Strategy & Tactics #315 (Red Tide South)
- Modern War #40 (Chechnya)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #5: French Foreign Legion (with map poster)
- World at War #65 (Typhoon solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #316 (Campaigns of 1777)
- Modern War #41 (Sixth Fleet)
- World at War #66 (Cruise of the Graf Spee)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #6: D-Day (with map poster)
- Strategy & Tactics #317 (Moscow)
- Modern War #42 (Dragon Engulfed the Sun)
- Montrose, Khartoum, Lawrence, and Telemark mini-games.
- Utah, Omaha, Gold/Juno, and Sword folios
- Bleeding Kansa
- World at War #67 (Changsha)
- Strategy & Tactics #318 (Constantinople)
- Modern War #43 (Operation Serval)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #7: The Crusades (map poster, no game)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Desert Fox Deluxe – Sep
- RAF (3rd printing) – Sep
- World at War #68 (France 40) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #319 (Schlieffen’s War) – Nov
- Modern War #44 (Desert One War) – Nov
- World at War #69 (First Panzer Breakout) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #320 (Sepoy Mutiny) – Jan
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #8: Tet Offensive – Winter
- Modern War #45 (Dragon & Hermit) – Jan
- Lucky Forward (GOSS) – Jan
- World at War #70 (Great Pacific War) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #321 (Airborne Korea) – Mar
- Modern War #46 (Foreign Legion Paratrooper) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #9: American Revolution – Spring
- Axis Empires – Spring
- World at War #71 (Forgotten Pacific Battles) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #322 (Banana Wars) – May
- Modern War #47 (Objective Nuremberg) – May
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #10: Operation Whirlwind – Summer
- World at War #72 (Paratrooper 2) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #323 (Rangers) – Jul
- Modern War #48 (Block-by-Block: Hue) – Jul
- World at War #73 (Spring Awakening) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #324 (Fight the Fall) – Sep
- Modern War #49 (Objective Munich) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #11: Thirty Years War (map poster, no game) – Fall
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- RAF (third printing with mounted game board and full-color rules booklets)
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Battle for Germany Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Hornet’s Nest mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- Axis Empires
- North African Campaign
- D-Day at Saipan
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!