Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 7 Dec 18:
DEAL OF THE WEEK!
Al Nofi’s Imperium Romanum
3-9 December! Get IR for 20% off! Order Today!
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
World War III: What If? (STQ#4) will be shipping in November. We are accepting subscriptions starting with issue 5 (French Foreign Legion). Get the current issue now!
DG December Deal of the Month
- Wacht am Rhein for $99 (Original Price $160). Add to cart to see the discount price! 1-31 December 2018.
Click here to order.
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We are starting the next group of Modern War magazine games right now. Contact Doc at email@example.com if interested in MW#43-48 Game Editions.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We will have beta kits of Bleeding Kansas (two-player Euro-style game of the run-up to ACW) and Lucky Forward (ideally four players) ready for testing in February 2019. Those interested in Lucky Forward should e-mail Doug at email@example.com while those interested in Bleeding Kansas should e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
We are also seeking a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 120 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #314 with Last Stand Isandlwana has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #315 features Red Tide South and will be shipping in late January. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #38 with Soyuz ‘81 has shipped. Modern War #39 features Axis of Evil: Iran and will ship in early December. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #63 has shipped and features Central Pacific Campaign (solitaire). World at War #64 with Rats of Tobruk will ship in early January. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
Al Nofi’s Imperium Romanum is shipping to pledge and pre-orders starting 12 Nov. Stores will receive it in in mid-December.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War)
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West)
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence)
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #1: Julius Caesar (map poster, no game)
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign)
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War)
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force)
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #2: America in WWI (map poster, no game)
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo)
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start)
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (zip-lock)
- World War I Deluxe Edition
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- Vikings solo mini-game
- Rogers’ Rangers solo mini-game
- Hawaii, 1795 mini-game
- Red Eagles mini-game
- Coronel and Falklands (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- River Plate and Denmark Straits (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus)
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia)
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game)
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel)
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek)
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81)
- World at War #63 (Central Pacific Campaign)
- Strategy & Tactics #314 (Last Stand at Isandlwana)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #4: World War III: What Ifs – Winter
- Modern War #39 (AOE Iran) – Jan
- World at War #64 (Rats of Tobruk) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #315 (Red Tide South) – Mar
- Modern War #40 (Chechnya) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #5: French Foreign Legion (with map poster) – Spring
- World at War #65 (Typhoon solo) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #316 (Campaigns of 1777) – May
- Modern War #41 (Sixth Fleet) – May
- World at War #66 (Cruise of the Graf Spee) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #6: D-Day (with map poster) – Summer
- Strategy & Tactics #317 (Moscow) – Jul
- Modern War #42 (Dragon Engulfed the Sun) – Jul
- World at War #67 (Changsha) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #322 (Rangers) – Sep
- Modern War #43 (Operation Serval) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #7: The Crusades (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #68 (France 40) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #319 (Schlieffen’s War) – Nov
- Modern War #44 (Desert One War) – Nov
- World at War #69 (First Panzer Breakout) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #320 (Sepoy Mutiny) – Jan
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (zip-lock)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Lawrence solo mini-game
- Telemark solo mini-game
- Khartoum mini-game
- Montrose mini-game
- Sword folio
- Juno/Gold folio
- Omaha folio
- Utah folio
- Bleeding Kansas
- Axis Empires Expansion Kit
- Battle for Germany Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Kircholm mini-game
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- North African Campaign
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!