Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 22 May 17:
D-Day series kits are shipping!
The D-Day kits (mounted map boards and updated rules) are shipping. The new boxed printing of Omaha Beach is currently collating and is on track to begin shipping 1 Jun 17. D-Day at Tarawa will be close behind. Click here to order.
DG Deal of the Month
This is the last week for the DG Deal of the Month for May: Atlantic Wall for $199! Sale ends 31 May. Click here.
Magazine Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We are starting another group shortly. The mini-games to be tested include:
- Red Eagles (Air War over Kuban)
- Khartoum (Hand of Destiny-Gordon/Sudan)
- Montrose (Ancient War-Scotland)
- Conquest of Hawaii (Ancient War-Hawaii)
1-Player (all related to the Commando series)
- Roger’s Rangers
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing these games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over a two-month period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences. We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
There are no remaining play test kits for Imperium Romanum III, however we will be hosting a play test session at CSW Expo (Tempe, AZ, 27 May-3 Jun).
We have one remaining play test kit for Alamo to Appomattox,our Krieg-style American Civil War game. This game requires two players (four is ideal). It includes introductory scenarios for the Texas Independence and the Mexican-American War, an 1850’s card-driven game, and four starting points for the ACW (1853, 1857, 1861, and 1865).
All groups must be able to play at least two days per month. Those interested should e-mail Doc at email@example.com
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is in beta testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with the beta testing.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 50 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 20 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #305 with Armies of the White Sun has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #306 features Agricola and will be shipping in late July. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #30 with Enduring Freedom has shipped. Modern War #31 features Combat Vet and will ship in early August. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #54 has shipped and features Midway Campaign. World at War #55 features Commandos: Europe and will ship in early July. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
D-Day at Omaha Beach, D-Day at Tarawa, and D-Day at Peleliu “kits” (zip-lock) are shipping. D-Day at Omaha Beach (3p-third printing) and D-Day at Tarawa (2p-second printing) will begin shipping to pre-orders 1 Jun 17.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Miranda Minis: LRDG and Merrill’s Marauders
- World at War #49 (Gertrud 42)
- Barbarossa Special Interest Publication
- Barbarossa Deluxe update/enlargement
- American Revolution zip-lock update/reprint
- Strategy & Tactics #300 (Special Edition: Desert Fox Deluxe)
- Modern War #25 (Special Edition: October War)
- World at War #50 (Special Edition: Zhukov’s War)
- Miranda SF Minis: Phobos Rising! and Ceres: Operation Stolen Base
- Strategy & Tactics #301 (Kaiser’s War in the East)
- Modern War #26 (Invasion: Afghanistan)
- World at War #51 (Malaya – PB#4)
- Strategy & Tactics #302 (Great Northern War)
- Modern War #27 (Modern Battles: Kaliningrad & Mosul)
- World at War #52 (Sealion)
- Strategy & Tactics #303 (War Returns to Europe: Slovenia)
- Modern War #28 (Objective: Havana)
- World at War #53 (Strike & Counterstrike)
- Strategy & Tactics #304 (Southern American Revolution)
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War)
- World at War #54 (Midway solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo)
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- World at War #55 (Commando solo) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola) – Sep
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet) – Sep
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor) – Nov
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer) – Nov
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War) – Jan
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War) – Jan
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence) – Mar
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine) – Mar
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War) – May
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force) – May
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo) – Jul
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start) – Jul
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- D-Day at Omaha Beach (third printing with mounted game board)
- D-Day at Tarawa (second printing with mounted game board)
- Drive on Moscow reprint (ziplock)
- D -Day at Peleliu (second printing with mounted game board)
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (ziplock)
- Imperium Romanum III
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- World War I Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (ziplock)
- Battle for Germany Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
2020 (at least one of the following)
- Alamo to Appomattox
- Campaign for North Africa
- Advanced ETO
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!