Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 25 September 17:
DG Deal of the Month
The DG Deal of the Month for September is 10 Game Edition back issues for $199. Click here.
Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We have started another magazine game group and these three games have one kit remaining: Moscow, Schlieffen’s War, and Sepoy Mutiny.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
There are two play test kits for D-Day at Iwo Jima. Even though this is a solitaire game, we prefer two players so we get different perspectives and discussion about play balance and rules wording.
We have one remaining play test kit for Alamo to Appomattox, our Krieg-style American Civil War game. This game requires two players (four is ideal). It includes introductory scenarios for the Texas Independence and the Mexican-American War, an 1850’s card-driven game, and four starting points for the ACW (1853, 1857, 1861, and 1865).
All groups must be able to play at least two days per month. Those interested should e-mail Doc at email@example.com
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is in beta testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with the beta testing.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 90 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 40 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #307 with Cold War Hot Armor has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #308 features War of Jenkin’s Ear and will be shipping in late November. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #32 with Operation Musketeer has shipped. Modern War #33 features ISIS War and will ship in early December. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #56 has shipped and features Bastogne (solo). World at War #57 with Escape Hell’s Gate will ship in early November. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
The Drive on Moscow second printing will ship to individuals next week. D-Day series update kits (zip-lock) will ship to stores in late November.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- World at War #51 (Malaya – PB#4)
- Strategy & Tactics #302 (Great Northern War)
- Modern War #27 (Modern Battles: Kaliningrad & Mosul)
- World at War #52 (Sealion)
- Strategy & Tactics #303 (War Returns to Europe: Slovenia)
- Modern War #28 (Objective: Havana)
- World at War #53 (Strike & Counterstrike)
- Strategy & Tactics #304 (Southern American Revolution)
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War)
- World at War #54 (Midway solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo)
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom)
- World at War #55 (Commando solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola)
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet)
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor)
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War) – Jan
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War) – Jan
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence) – Mar
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #1: Julius Caesar (map poster, no game) – Spr
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War) – May
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force) – May
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #2: America in WWI (map poster, no game) – Sum
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo) – Jul
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start) – Jul
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia) – Sep
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek) – Nov
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81) – Nov
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Drive on Moscow reprint (ziplock)
- D -Day at Peleliu (second printing with mounted game board)
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (ziplock)
- Imperium Romanum III
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- World War I Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (ziplock)
- Battle for Germany Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
2020 (at least one of the following boxed games plus the minis/folios)
- Alamo to Appomattox
- Campaign for North Africa
- Advanced ETO
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!