Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 3 Feb 2020:
DG Deal of the Month
February Deal of the Month get Imperium Romanum for $99 (Regular Price: $140).
Add to cart to see price difference!
Components are printing. Our fulfillment staff will be confirming pledges during February in anticipation of Lucky Forward beginning to ship in March.
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We have one copy of Shanghai-Nanking Campaign left. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
We are seeking applicants for a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at email@example.com
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Game Playtesters
D-Day at Peleliu is ready for testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 125 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
STQ#8 with Tet Offensive has shipped. S&T#9 features American Revolution: American Win, British Tie and will be shipping in late February. Get the current issue now!
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #321 with Airborne Korea has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #322 features Banana Wars and will be shipping in late March. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #46 with Foreign Legion Paratrooper has just shipped. Modern War #47 features Objective Nuremberg and will ship in early April. The Seven Days to the Rhine series begins in #47 and continues in alternate issues through #55. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #70 with Great Pacific War has shipped. World at War #71 with Forgotten Pacific Battles will ship in early March. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
Four new mini games are available: Montrose, Khartoum, Lawrence, and Telemark.
Bleeding Kansas is available for direct order and at retail outlets now.
Desert Fox Deluxe is available for direct order.
RAF (3rd printing –mounted boards and upgraded rules will be available in kit format like D-Day games) is available for direct order.
Lucky Forward will begin printing in January 2020 with a probable release in March. Pledge orders will be accepted until 31 Dec 19. Pledge Now!
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #5: French Foreign Legion (with map poster)
- World at War #65 (Typhoon solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #316 (Campaigns of 1777)
- Modern War #41 (Sixth Fleet)
- World at War #66 (Cruise of the Graf Spee)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #6: D-Day (with map poster)
- Strategy & Tactics #317 (Moscow)
- Modern War #42 (Dragon Engulfed the Sun)
- Montrose, Khartoum, Lawrence, and Telemark mini-games.
- Utah, Omaha, Gold/Juno, and Sword folios
- Bleeding Kansa
- World at War #67 (Changsha)
- Strategy & Tactics #318 (Constantinople)
- Modern War #43 (Operation Serval)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #7: The Crusades (map poster, no game)
- World at War #68 (France 40)
- Strategy & Tactics #319 (Schlieffen’s War)
- RAF Deluxe (box game w/ 2-sided mounted board)
- Modern War #44 (Desert One War)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- World at War #69 (Breakout: First Panzer Army)
- Strategy & Tactics #320 (Sepoy Mutiny)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #8: Tet Offensive
- Modern War #45 (Dragon & Hermit)
- World at War #70 (Great Pacific War)
- Strategy & Tactics #321 (Airborne Korea)
- Modern War #46 (Foreign Legion Paratrooper)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #9: American Revolution – Spring
- Axis Empires – Spring
- World at War #71 (Forgotten Pacific Battles) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #322 (Banana Wars) – May
- Modern War #47 (Objective Nuremberg) – May
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #10: Operation Whirlwind – Summer
- World at War #72 (Paratrooper 2) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #323 (Rangers) – Jul
- Modern War #48 (Block-by-Block: Hue) – Jul
- World at War #73 (Spring Awakening) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #324 (Fight the Fall) – Sep
- Modern War #49 (Objective Munich) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #11: Thirty Years War (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #74 (Munich War) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #325 (Italo-Turkish War) – Nov
- Modern War #50 (Putin Moves East) – Nov
- World at War #75 (Centrifugal Offensive) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #326 (Mukden) – Jan
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #12: Dreadnoughts – Winter
- Modern War #51 (Objective Frankfurt-Seven Days to the Rhine series) – Jan
- World at War #76 (Operation Jupiter) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #327 (Suwalki Gap) – Mar
- Modern War #52 (World War Africa) – Mar
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Corrupt Bargain: 1824 Presidential Election
- Battle for Germany Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Axis Empires
- D-Day at Saipan
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Hornet’s Nest mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- North African Campaign
- Shores of Tripoli mini-game
- Sand Pebbles mini-game
- Kircholm mini-game
- Star Soldier #1 mini-game
- Star Soldier #2 mini-game
- Star Force: Alpha Centauri
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!