Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 18 Apr 17:
Dispatch #32 has shipped!
Spring has sprung, and so has our latest Dispatch mailer. Dispatch #32 has mailed with a slew of great offers for subscriptions, games, and more! Check out all the latest updates on future games, magazines, and the growing and changing at Strategy & Tactics Press and Decision Games. Click here to see the online version of Dispatch #32.
We would appreciate your feedback regarding our Pledge Program with our Pledge Survey.
Modern War Mega-Feedback
Modern War has started its next Mega-Feedback to determine future games for Modern War magazine. You can click here to go to that survey.
DG Deal of the Month
The DG Deal of the Month for April is Advanced Pacific Theater of Operations (APTO) for $89! Sale ends 30 April. Click here.
Magazine Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who tested games in the past four months. We are starting another group in May. The games to be tested include:
- War for Turkey (independence)
- American Civil War
- Pacific Subs (solo)
- Windhoek (WWI SW Africa)
- Last Stand Isandlwana
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing these and future magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over a two-month period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your top 2 or 3 from this list. We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We are looking for serious groups interested in play testing Imperium Romanum III. These groups must have at least four players (six is ideal). Testing will focus first on map and counter accuracy, and then on updated rules clarity and play balance in the new scenarios.
We are also looking for a group with at least two dedicated play testers (ideally four) to test Alamo to Appomattox, our Krieg-style American Civil War game. This game includes introductory scenarios for the Texas Independence and the Mexican-American War, a 1850’s card-driven game, and four starting points for the ACW (1853, 1857, 1861, and 1865). All groups must be able to play at least two days per month. Those interested should e-mail Doc at email@example.com
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Confusion Alert! We’re going to talk about HexWar.net (the subscription game play site) next, then HexWar.com (the game apps available for download from Apple, Steam, and HexWar direct.).
We will be sending a sequel survey out to current HexWar subscribers, as well as past subscribers and interested parties through the BattleArena e-newsletter. We want your feedback on what should be changed or updated on the web site, and what new games to convert.
Bloody April is now live! CLICK HERE for more info.
The classic SPI Great Battles of the American Civil War series is being released about one game per month. Stonewall and Drive on Washington were released previously.
NUTS! is now available on Steam.
Games from the Fire & Movement folio series will start releasing about one per month once Saipan finishes development. All will feature AI (not just Iwo). Other WWII titles will follow in this probable order: Bastogne, Arnhem, Aachen, Cauldron, Crusader, Kasserine, Battle of the Schedlt, Alamein, and Mortain Counterattack.
All apps will be available for the Mac and iPad. The Fire & Movement series will also include PC adaptation in all games. On-line multi-player is also in the works.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is ready for beta testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with the beta testing.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 50 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 20 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #304 with American Revolution in the South has shipped. S&T#305 features Armies of the White Sun and will be shipping in late May. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #29 with Putin’s War has shipped. Modern War #30 with Enduring Freedom will ship in early June. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #54 has shipped and features Midway Campaign. World at War #55 features Commandos: Europe and will ship in early July. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics #299 (First Crusade solo)
- Modern War #24 (LZ Albany)
- Miranda Minis: LRDG and Merrill’s Marauders
- World at War #49 (Gertrud 42)
- Barbarossa Special Interest Publication
- Barbarossa Deluxe update/enlargement
- American Revolution zip-lock update/reprint
- Strategy & Tactics #300 (Special Edition: Desert Fox Deluxe)
- Modern War #25 (Special Edition: October War)
- World at War #50 (Special Edition: Zhukov’s War)
- Miranda SF Minis: Phobos Rising! and Ceres: Operation Stolen Base
- Strategy & Tactics #301 (Kaiser’s War in the East)
- Modern War #26 (Invasion: Afghanistan)
- World at War #51 (Malaya – PB#4)
- Strategy & Tactics #302 (Great Northern War)
- Modern War #27 (Modern Battles: Kaliningrad & Mosul)
- World at War #52 (Sealion)
- Strategy & Tactics #303 (War Returns to Europe: Slovenia)
- Modern War #28 (Objective: Havana)
- World at War #53 (Strike & Counterstrike)
- Strategy & Tactics #304 (Southern American Revolution)
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War)
- World at War #54 (Midway solo)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo) – Jul
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom) – Jul
- World at War #55 (Commando solo) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola) – Sep
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet) – Sep
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor) – Nov
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer) – Nov
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War) – Jan
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War) – Jan
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence) – Mar
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine) – Mar
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War) – May
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force) – May
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War) – Jun
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- D-Day at Omaha Beach (third printing with mounted game board)
- D-Day at Tarawa (second printing with mounted game board)
- Imperium Romanum III
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- World War I Designer’s Edition
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Alamo to Appomattox
- Campaign for North Africa
- Advanced ETO
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!