Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 9 Apr 18:
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
The premiere issue has been shipped to all subscribers, and is now available in all hobby stores as well as Barnes & Noble. We are now accepting subscriptions starting with issue #3. Issue #2, America in World War I has closed for subscriptions and is currently printing. Get the current issue now!
2018 March Magness Results!
The final round has finished and the results are in! Click here for the results.
DG April Deal of the Month
Atlantic Wall for $199 (reg. $240)
Add to cart to see the discount price! Click here.
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We have started a new group of Modern War games. One kit remains available for Foreign Legion Paratrooper.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We will have beta kits of Imperium Romanum ready for shipping by 20 Apr 18. We are seeking groups with at least two players (ideally 3-5 players). This will be a final round of testing before publication. Those interested should e-mail Doc at email@example.com
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is in beta testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with the alpha testing of the two-player version.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 100 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #310 with American Civil War has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #311 features Pacific Subs and will be shipping in late May. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #35 with Mike Force has shipped. Modern War #36 features Cold Start: The Next Indo-Pakistani War and will ship in early June. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #59 has shipped and features Luzon Campaign. World at War #60 with Eisenhower’s War will ship in early May. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
Olympic and Coronet is slated for shipping the week of 16 Apr. World War One Deluxe Edition will ship in late May. D-Day at Iwo Jima will ship in June. Two new naval folios will release in June, each featuring two battles, Coronel and the Falkland Islands and River Plate and Denmark Straits. We’ll also be releasing four mini-games in June. Two are solo games: Vikings and Rogers’ Rangers. The others are two-player: Hawaii, 1795 and Red Eagles. We hope to have Imperium Romanum ready for release in late July.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War)
- World at War #54 (Midway solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo)
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom)
- World at War #55 (Commando solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola)
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet)
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor)
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer)
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate)
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War)
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War)
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West)
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence)
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #1: Julius Caesar (map poster, no game)
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign)
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War)
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #2: America in WWI (map poster, no game) – Sum
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo) – Jul
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start) – Jul
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia) – Sep
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek) – Nov
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81) – Nov
- World at War #63 (Central Pacific Campaign) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #314 (Last Stand at Isandlwana) – Jan
- Modern War #39 (AOE Iran) – Jan
- World at War #64 (Rats of Tobruk) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #315 (Red Tide South) – Mar
- Modern War #40 (Chechnya) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #5: French Foreign Legion (with map poster) – Spring
- World at War #65 (Typhoon solo) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #316 (Campaigns of 1777) – May
- Modern War #41 (Sixth Fleet) – May
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (ziplock)
- World War I Deluxe Edition
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- Vikings solo mini-game
- Rogers’ Rangers solo mini-game
- Hawaii, 1795 mini-game
- Red Eagles mini-game
- Coronel and the Falkland Islands (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- River Plate and Denmark Straits (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- Al Nofi’s Imperium Romanum
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (ziplock)
- Battle for Germany Deluxe (boxed edition)
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
2020 (at least one of the following boxed games plus the minis/folios)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- North African Campaign
- Axis Empires Expansion Kit
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!