Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 18 May 18:
Dispatch #34 is in the mail!
The Spring Dispatch is in the mail. DG has been in business 30 years and we are celebrating with a sale of all DG games: 20% on orders over $100, 30% on orders over $250. Read the Dispatch to see our new products and all our offers. Click here!
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
The second issue has been shipped to all subscribers, and is available in all hobby stores as well as Barnes & Noble. We are now accepting subscriptions starting with issue #3 (Stalingrad). Get the current issue now!
Please complete the survey to help us determine topics for future issues. Click here for the results.
DG June Deal of the Month
- Wellington’s Victory for $99 (reg. $160)
Add to cart to see the discount price! Click here.
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We will be starting our next group of S&T games the last week of May.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We will have beta kits of Imperium Romanum ready for shipping by 31 May 18. We are seeking groups with at least two players (ideally 3-5 players). This will be a final round of testing before publication. Those interested should e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
We expect to have alpha kits of Lucky Forward ready for shipping by 6 Jul 18. We are seeking groups with at least two players (ideally four players). This will be a final round of testing before publication. Those interested should e-mail Doug at email@example.com
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is moving into production and should be available by September. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with the alpha testing of the two-player version.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 100 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #311 with Pacific Subs has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #312 features Alesia and will be shipping in late July. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #35 with Mike Force has shipped. Modern War #36 features Cold Start: The Next Indo-Pakistani War and will ship in early June. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #60 has shipped and features Eisenhower’s War. World at War #61 with Peaks of the Caucasus will ship in early July. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
Olympic and Coronet has shipped. World War One Deluxe Edition will ship 1 June. D-Day at Iwo Jima will ship mid-June. Two new naval folios will release in June, each featuring two battles, Coronel and the Falkland Islands and River Plate and Denmark Straits. We’ll also be releasing four mini-games in June. Two are solo games: Vikings and Rogers’ Rangers. The others are two-player: Hawaii, 1795 and Red Eagles. We hope to have Imperium Romanum ready for release in November.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom)
- World at War #55 (Commando solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola)
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet)
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor)
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer)
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate)
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War)
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War)
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West)
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence)
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #1: Julius Caesar (map poster, no game)
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign)
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War)
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force)
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #2: America in WWI (map poster, no game)
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start) – Jul
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia) – Sep
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek) – Nov
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81) – Nov
- World at War #63 (Central Pacific Campaign) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #314 (Last Stand at Isandlwana) – Jan
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #4: World War III: What Ifs – Winter
- Modern War #39 (AOE Iran) – Jan
- World at War #64 (Rats of Tobruk) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #315 (Red Tide South) – Mar
- Modern War #40 (Chechnya) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #5: French Foreign Legion (with map poster) – Spring
- World at War #65 (Typhoon solo) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #316 (Campaigns of 1777) – May
- Modern War #41 (Sixth Fleet) – May
- World at War #66 (Cruise of the Graf Spee) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #6: D-Day (with map poster) – Summer
- Strategy & Tactics #317 (Moscow) – Jul
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (ziplock)
- World War I Deluxe Edition
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- Vikings solo mini-game
- Rogers’ Rangers solo mini-game
- Hawaii, 1795 mini-game
- Red Eagles mini-game
- Coronel and the Falkland Islands (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- River Plate and Denmark Straits (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- Al Nofi’s Imperium Romanum
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (zip-lock)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Lawrence solo mini-game
- Telemark solo mini-game
- Khartoum mini-game
- Montrose mini-game
- 2 folios (TBD)
2020 (at least one of the following boxed games plus the minis/folios)
- Axis Empires Expansion Kit
- Battle for Germany Deluxe (boxed edition)
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
- North African Campaign
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!