Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 23 October 17:
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
We will be launching a fourth magazine in February. This new magazine will be in the format of our Barbarossa special interest publication from last summer: 116-pages, with 20-24 maps, plus a 20” x 28” map poster. Each issue will be one topic by one author. We are now accepting pre-orders for subscriptions. Click here for details.
Dispatch #33 is in the mail!
The Fall Dispatch (#33) is in the mail with many special offers.There is also an update on the Pledge Program and additional pictures of the maps and counters for upcoming games. The subscription and games offer is a new subscription to one year of any of the Game Editions or a two-year renewal earns a $20 off voucher good on any DG or SPW box games (See page 22). Click here for details.
DG Deal of the Month
The DG Deal of the Month for October is Hurtgen: Hell’s Forest for $99. Click here.
Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We will be starting another magazine game group in three weeks. This will be the beta test (with printed map and counters) of the issue games for Modern War #37-42.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
There are two play test kits for D-Day at Iwo Jima. Even though this is a solitaire game, we prefer two players so we get different perspectives and discussion about play balance and rules wording.
We have one remaining play test kit for Alamo to Appomattox, our Krieg-style American Civil War game. This game requires two players (four is ideal). It includes introductory scenarios for the Texas Independence and the Mexican-American War, an 1850’s card-driven game, and four starting points for the ACW (1853, 1857, 1861, and 1865).
All groups must be able to play at least two days per month. Those interested should e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is in beta testing. E-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping with the beta testing.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 90 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 40 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #308 has shipped and features War of Jenkin’s Ear. Strategy & Tactics #309 features War For Turkey and will be shipping in late January. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #32 with Operation Musketeer has shipped. Modern War #33 features ISIS War and will ship in early December. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #57 has shipped and features Escape Hell’s Gate. World at War #58 with Stalin Moves West will ship in early January. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- World at War #53 (Strike & Counterstrike)
- Strategy & Tactics #304 (Southern American Revolution)
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War)
- World at War #54 (Midway solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo)
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom)
- World at War #55 (Commando solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola)
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet)
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor)
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer)
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate)
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War) – Jan
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence) – Mar
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #1: Julius Caesar (map poster, no game) – Spr
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War) – May
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force) – May
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #2: America in WWI (map poster, no game) – Sum
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo) – Jul
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start) – Jul
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia) – Sep
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek) – Nov
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81) – Nov
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Drive on Moscow reprint (ziplock)
- D -Day at Peleliu (second printing with mounted game board)
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (ziplock)
- Imperium Romanum III
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- World War I Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (ziplock)
- Battle for Germany Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
2020 (at least one of the following boxed games plus the minis/folios)
- Alamo to Appomattox
- Campaign for North Africa
- Advanced ETO
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!