Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 9 Jan 17:
DG Deal of the Month
For all of January, pick any 3 games (from a select, but lengthy list) for just $99. Click here.
Magazine Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who tested games in the past four months. We are starting the next group right so this is the last chance to get on this round. The games to be tested include:
- Putin Moves South
- Soyuz ‘81
- Iran Intervention
- Sixth Fleet
- Dragon Engulfed the Sun
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing these and future magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over a two-month period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your top 2 or 3 from this list. We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We are looking for serious groups interested in play testing Imperium Romanum III. These groups must have at least four players (six is ideal). Testing will focus first on map and counter accuracy, and then on updated rules clarity and play balance in the new scenarios.
We are also looking for a group with at least two dedicated play testers (ideally four) to test Alamo to Appomattox, our Krieg-style American Civil War game. This game includes introductory scenarios for the Texas Independence and the Mexican-American War, a 1850’s card-driven game, and four starting points for the ACW (1853, 1857, 1861, and 1865). All groups must be able to play at least two days per month. Those interested should e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
DGHQ Open Playtest
We will be having an open playtest on Saturday, 14 Jan. We will be testing several of our future magazine games, mini games, and at least one of our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Confusion Alert! We’re going to talk about HexWar.net (the subscription game play site) next, then HexWar.com (the game apps available for download from Apple, Steam, and HexWar direct.).
We will be sending a sequel survey out to current HexWar subscribers, as well as past subscribers and interested parties through the BattleArena e-newsletter. We want your feedback on what should be changed or updated on the web site, and what new games to convert.
Bloody April is now live! CLICK HERE for more info.
The classic SPI Great Battles of the American Civil War series is being released about one game per month. Stonewall and Drive on Washington were released previously.
NUTS! is now available on Steam.
Games from the Fire & Movement folio series will start releasing about one per month once Saipan finishes development. All will feature AI (not just Iwo). Other WWII titles will follow in this probable order: Bastogne, Arnhem, Aachen, Cauldron, Crusader, Kasserine, Battle of the Schedlt, Alamein, and Mortain Counterattack.
All apps will be available for the Mac and iPad. The Fire & Movement series will also include PC adaptation in all games. On-line multi-player is also in the works.
Computer Game Playtesters
PC D-Day at Tarawa is in production and is available for pre-order soon. D-Day at Peleliu will be next for development. E-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 50 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 20 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #303 with War Returns to Europe: Yugoslavia, 1990 has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #303 features American Revolution in the South and will be shipping in late March. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #27 with Modern Battles: Kaliningrad & Mosul has shipped. Modern War #28 with Objective: Havana will ship in early February. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #52 has shipped and features Sealion. World at War #53 features Strike & Counterstrike and will ship in early March. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
The Barbarossa Deluxe game (including the Special Interest Publication) has shipped to stores. Click here to order.
Tannenberg, the introductory game for the Der Weltkrieg Series, has shipped to stores. All six games are available for direct orders and retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics #297 (1863)
- Modern War #22 (New World Order Battles)
- World at War #47 (Crete 1941)
- Strategy & Tactics #298 (Balkan Gambit)
- Modern War #23 (Fallujah solo)
- World at War #48 (Duel in the North)
- Strategy & Tactics #299 (First Crusade solo)
- Modern War #24 (LZ Albany)
- Miranda Minis: LRDG and Merrill’s Marauders
- World at War #49 (Gertrud 42)
- Barbarossa Special Interest Publication
- Barbarossa Deluxe update/enlargement
- American Revolution zip-lock update/reprint
- Strategy & Tactics #300 (Special Edition: Desert Fox Deluxe)
- Modern War #25 (Special Edition: October War)
- World at War #50 (Special Edition: Zhukov’s War)
- Miranda SF Minis: Phobos Rising! and Ceres: Operation Stolen Base
- Strategy & Tactics #301 (Kaiser’s War in the East)
- Modern War #26 (Invasion: Afghanistan)
- World at War #51 (Malaya – PB#4)
- Strategy & Tactics #302 (Great Northern War)
- Modern War #27 (Modern Battles: Kaliningrad & Mosul)
- World at War #52 (Sealion)
- Strategy & Tactics #303 (War Returns to Europe: Slovenia)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Modern War #28 (Objective: Havana) – Mar
- World at War #53 (Strike & Counterstrike) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #304 (Southern American Revolution) – May
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War) – May
- World at War #54 (Midway solo) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo) – Jul
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom) – Jul
- World at War #55 (Commando solo) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola) – Sep
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet) – Sep
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor) – Nov
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer) – Nov
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War) – Jan
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War) – Jan
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence) – Mar
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Imperium Romanum III
- Alamo to Appomattox (A2A)
- Campaign for North Africa (CNA)
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Star Force: Alpha Centauri
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!