Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 14 Feb 18:
2018 March Magness
In this year’s March Magness, your votes are going to choose the next Quick Play mini-games to enter the Decision Games release schedule. Along the way, you’ll determine the best mini-games in the following categories: American Revolution and Americana, Napoleonic and 19th century, Pike & Shot, and American Civil War.
Each round we will pit these games in head-to-head competition. In each head-to-head contest, pick your choice for best game. Each round, the winners will advance to another round of head-to-head competition. In the final two rounds, you will determine the games we will publish. Click here for the survey.
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
We will be shipping the first issue this week. This new magazine will be in the format of our Barbarossa special interest publication from last summer: 116-pages, with over 20 maps, plus a 19” x 26” map poster. Each issue will be one topic by one author. We are now accepting subscriptions starting with issue #2. Issue #1 will be shipping to distributors in two weeks (and be available for direct sale). Click here for details.
DG February Deal of the Month
Highway to the Reich for $99 (reg. $170)
Add to cart to see the discount price! Click here.
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We will start a new group of Modern War games in March.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We will have beta kits of Imperium Romanum 3 available in January. We are seeking groups with at least two players (ideally 3-5 players). This will be the final round of testing before publication.
All groups must be able to play at least two days per month. Those interested should e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Click here for more information and how to apply.
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle is in beta testing. E-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping with the beta testing.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 90 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 40 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #309 has shipped and features The War of Turkish Liberation. Strategy & Tactics #310 features American Civil War and will be shipping in late March. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #34 with Opaque War: Ukraine has shipped. Modern War #35 features Mike Force and will ship in early February. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #58 has shipped and features Stalin Moves West. World at War #59 with Luzon Campaign will ship in early March. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
The D-Day at Peleliu second printing with mounted game board will ship NLT 1 Mar to individuals then stores. We are taking pre-orders now. D-Day series update kits have shipped to stores. Olympic and Coronet is slated for shipping the week of 9 Apr.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- World at War #53 (Strike & Counterstrike)
- Strategy & Tactics #304 (Southern American Revolution)
- Modern War #29 (Putin’s War)
- World at War #54 (Midway solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #305 (Armies of the White Sun solo)
- Modern War #30 (Enduring Freedom)
- World at War #55 (Commando solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #306 (Agricola)
- Modern War #31 (Combat Vet)
- World at War #56 (Bastogne solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #307 (Cold War/Hot Armor)
- Modern War #32 (Operation Musketeer)
- World at War #57 (Escape Hell’s Gate)
- Strategy & Tactics #308 (War for Jenkin’s War)
- Modern War #33 (ISIS War)
- World at War #58 (Stalin Moves West)
- Strategy & Tactics #309 (War for Turkish Independence)
- Modern War #34 (Opaque War: Ukraine)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #1: Julius Caesar (map poster, no game) – Spr
- World at War #59 (Luzon Campaign) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #310 (American Civil War) – May
- Modern War #35 (Mike Force) – May
- World at War #60 (Eisenhower’s War) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #2: America in WWI (map poster, no game) – Sum
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo) – Jul
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start) – Jul
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia) – Sep
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek) – Nov
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81) – Nov
- World at War #63 (Central Pacific Campaign) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #314 (Last Stand at Isandlwana) – Jan
- Modern War #39 (AOE Iran) – Jan
- World at War #64 (Rats of Tobruk) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #315 (Red Tide South) – Mar
- Modern War #40 (Chechnya) – Mar
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (ziplock)
- Imperium Romanum III
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- World War I Designer’s Edition
- Vikings solo mini-game
- Rogers’ Rangers solo mini-game
- Hawaii, 1795 mini-game
- Red Eagles mini-game
- Coronel and Falklands (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- River Plate and Denmark Straits (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Cobra reprint (ziplock)
- Battle for Germany Designer’s Edition
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
2020 (at least one of the following boxed games plus the minis/folios)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- North African Campaign
- Axis Empires Expansion Kit
- 4 minis and 2 folios (TBD)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!