Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 1 September 2021:
Deal of the Month: Strategy & Tactics Press Game Edition Deal
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at email@example.com with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
We are seeking applicants for a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at email@example.com
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Game Playtesters
D-Day at Peleliu is testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 150 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
STQ#15 features Alexander has shipped. STQ#16 features Next War: China and will be shipping 9 Nov. Get the current issue now!
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #330 features Mediterranean Empires and has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #331 features On to Baghdad and will ship by 1 Oct. For previews go here.
Modern War Update
Modern War #55 features Objective Hamburg and has shipped. This is the last issue of Modern War magazine. Please read the publisher letter on page 58 for more information. Subscribers are receiving a letter regarding their subscriptions.
World at War Update
World at War #80 with Hannut has shipped. World at War #81 magazine edition with Balkans ‘44 will ship 26 Oct. The Game Edition counters are delayed in the international shipping bottleneck. Right now, we anticipate a ten week delay, meaning we will likely ship #81 and #82 the same week (4 Jan 22). For previews go here.
Decision Games – next 180 days
D-Day at Omaha Beach (4th printing) is back in stock.
Midway Solitaire Deluxe Edition continues to be delayed waiting for the international shipping bottlenecks to improve. It is likely it will be delayed into 2022. This includes extra variant counters, mounted game board, player aid card, and rules booklet with historical article.
Corrupt Bargain: 1824 Presidential Election continues to be delayed waiting for the international shipping bottlenecks to improve. It is likely it will be delayed into 2022. This is the next game in our power politics series (Bleeding Kansas was first).
Bulge and Across Suez are being reprinted for release at the end of September (all remaining components are being printed in California so only a one-day ship to our warehouse).
Hougoumont, Balaclava, Hornet’s Nest, and Little Round Top are projected for release at the end of September (all remaining components are being printed in California so only a one-day ship to our warehouse).
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics #325 (Italo-Turkish War)
- Modern War #50 (Putin Moves East)
- World at War #75 (Centrifugal Offensive)
- Strategy & Tactics #326 (Mukden)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #12: Dreadnoughts
- Modern War #51 (Objective Frankfurt-Seven Days to the Rhine series)
- World at War #76 (Operation Jupiter)
- Modern War #52 (World War Africa)
- Strategy & Tactics #327 (Suwalki Gap)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #13: Gettysburg
- World at War #77 (Winter War)
- Strategy & Tactics #328 (Vicksburg)
- Modern War #53 (Objective Kassel-Seven Days to the Rhine series)
- World at War #78 (Drive on Suez)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #14: Origins of World War I
- Strategy & Tactics #329 (Shanghai-Nanking Campaign)
- Modern War #54 (Upper Karabakh War)
- World at War #79 (Manchukuo)
- Strategy & Tactics #330 (Mediterranean Empires)
- Modern War #55 (Objective Hamburg-Seven Days to the Rhine series)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #15: Alexander
- World at War #80 (Hannut)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics #331 (On to Baghdad) – Nov
- World at War #81 (Balkans ‘44) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #332 (30 Years War Battles) – Jan
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #16: Next War: China – Winter
- World at War #82 (Wacht am Oder) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #333 (Operation Unthinkable) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #17: Napoleonic Battle Analysis – Spring
- World at War #83 (Formosa) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #334 (Rio Grande War) – May
- World at War #84 (Manstein’s War) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #335 (Decent on Malta) – Jul
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #18: Korea: After Chosin – Summer
- World at War #85 (Budapest) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #336 (First Punic Wars) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #19: French & Indian War – Fall
- World at War #86 (Chaco) – Oct
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Bulge reprint
- Across Suez reprint
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Hornet’s Nest mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- Midway Solitaire Deluxe Edition
- Corrupt Bargain: 1824 Presidential Election
- Axis Empires
- D-Day at Saipan
- Red Dragon Deluxe Edition
- Battles in the East #1: North Ukraine and Warsaw (new series)
- Battles in the East #2: Uman and Tula
- Market-Garden (GOSS)
- Battles in the East #3: Battle for Pomerania and Drive to the Sea
- Barbary Pirates mini-game (solo)
- Yangtze River mini-game (solo)
- StarSoldier mini-game (solo)
- StarForce mini-game (solo)
- Pork Chop Hill folio (solo)
- Kircholm mini-game
- Napoleon 20 series: Imperial Sunrise (new series)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!