Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 11 Jan 2020:
Deal of the Month – January!
- Get each box game for 20% off OR
- Get the whole box game set for $299.95 (reg. $399.75)
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
We have four S&T games with kits available right now. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. Contact Doc at email@example.com if interested.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doug at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
We are seeking applicants for our Editor position. This is a full-time position in the Bakersfield, CA office. Contact Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
We are seeking applicants for a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at email@example.com
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Game Playtesters
D-Day at Peleliu is testing. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 150 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
STQ#12 features Dreadnoughts has shipped. STQ#13 features Gettysburg and will be shipping 23 Feb. Get the current issue now!
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #326 features Mukden, 1905 and has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #327 features Suwałki Gap and will ship by 9 Feb. For previews go here.
Modern War Update
Modern War #51 features Objective Frankfurt has shipped. Modern War #52 features World War Africa and will ship by 26 Jan. The Seven Days to the Rhine series begins in #47 and continues in alternate issues through #55. For previews go here.
World at War Update
World at War #75 with Centrifugal Offensive has shipped. World at War #76 with Operation Jupiter will ship in 12 Jan. For previews go here.
Decision Games – next 180 days
D-Day Quad Deluxe is shipping to individuals and stores now. After the D-Day folios began selling out only a few months after their initial release last year, we decided to make a combined edition with a mounted game board. Reminiscent of the SPI Quadrigames, we put all four together in one box. The four games can be played individually, in pairs, or altogether in a combined campaign game.
Battle for Germany Deluxe includes an enlarged and expanded map board, counter sets for the original Dunnigan design from Strategy & Tactics, the 1995 DG/MOVES edition, and new optional supply counters and rules courtesy of aficionado Donald Johnson. Game is shipping now to individuals. Will ship to stores in mid-January. Order Now!
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics #320 (Sepoy Mutiny)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #8: Tet Offensive
- Modern War #45 (Dragon & Hermit)
- World at War #70 (Great Pacific War)
- Strategy & Tactics #321 (Airborne Korea)
- Modern War #46 (Foreign Legion Paratrooper)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #9: American Revolution
- World at War #71 (Forgotten Pacific Battles)
- Strategy & Tactics #322 (Banana Wars)
- Modern War #47 (Objective Nuremberg-Seven Days to the Rhine series)
- World at War #72 (Paratrooper 2)
- Strategy & Tactics #323 (Rangers)
- Modern War #48 (Block-by-Block: Hue)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #10: Operation Whirlwind
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- D-Day at Omaha Beach (4th printing)
- World at War #73 (Spring Awakening)
- Strategy & Tactics #324 (Fight the Fall)
- Modern War #49 (Objective Munich)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #11: Thirty Years War
- World at War #74 (Munich War)
- Strategy & Tactics #325 (Italo-Turkish War)
- Modern War #50 (Putin Moves East)
- World at War #75 (Centrifugal Offensive)
- Strategy & Tactics #326 (Mukden)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #12: Dreadnoughts
- Modern War #51 (Objective Frankfurt-Seven Days to the Rhine series)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- World at War #76 (Operation Jupiter) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #327 (Suwalki Gap) – Mar
- Modern War #52 (World War Africa) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #13: Gettysburg – Spring
- World at War #77 (Winter War) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #328 (Vicksburg) – May
- Modern War #53 (Objective Kassel-Seven Days to the Rhine series) – May
- World at War #78 (Drive on Suez) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #329 (Shanghai-Nanking Campaign) – Jul
- Modern War #54 (Upper Karabakh War) – Jul
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #14: Origins of World War I – Summer
- World at War #79 (Manchukuo) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #330 (Mediterranean Empires) – Sep
- Modern War #55 (Objective Hamburg-Seven Days to the Rhine series) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #15: Napoleon Battle Analysis – Fall
- World at War #80 (Budapest) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #331 (On to Baghdad) – Nov
- Modern War #56 (Saddam Moves South) – Nov
- World at War #81 (Balkans ‘44) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #16: Next War: China – Winter
- Modern War #57 (South China Sea) – Jan
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Corrupt Bargain: 1824 Presidential Election
- Midway Solitaire Deluxe
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Hornet’s Nest mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- Bulge reprint
- Across Suez reprint
- D-Day at Saipan
- Red Dragon Deluxe Edition
- Battles in the East #1: North Ukraine and Warsaw (new series)
- Barbary Pirates mini-game (solo)
- Yangtze River mini-game (solo)
- StarSoldier mini-game (solo)
- StarForce mini-game (solo)
- Battles in the East #2: Uman and Tula (new series)
- Pork Chop Hill folio (solo)
- Kircholm mini-game
- Market-Garden (GOSS)
- Battles in the East #3: Battle for Pomerania and Drive to the Sea (new series)
- Axis Empires
- Napoleon 20 series: Imperial Sunrise (new series)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!