Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 13 May 19:
This Dispatch has all the current and upcoming Decision Game releases. We’re also featuring a subscription offer that includes a free game. Start or renew a one or two year Game Edition subscription and receive one or more free games.
Click here to for more information.
Variant Counters Available
Variant counter sets for each of the three magazines are available! Click here!
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. We are starting the next group of Modern War magazine games this week. Contact Doc at email@example.com if interested in Modern War #49-56 Game Editions.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our magazine games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
Board Game Playtesters
We will have beta kits of Lucky Forward (ideally four players) ready for testing in July. Those interested in Lucky Forward should e-mail Doug at email@example.com.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We have frequent open playtesting in Bakersfield and Ridgecrest, CA. We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and directions.
We are seeking a full-time, in-office position for Magazine Ad Sales. We are also seeking a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at email@example.com
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Game Playtesters
RAF Eagle has released. E-mail Doc at email@example.com if you are interested in helping with the alpha testing of the two-player version.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 125 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #316 with Campaigns of 1777 has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #317 features Moscow and will be shipping in late May. For previews go to: StrategyandTacticsMagazine.com
Modern War Update
Modern War #41 with Sixth Fleet has shipped. Modern War #42 features The Dragon that Engulfed the Sun and will ship in early June. For previews go to: ModernWarMagazine.com
World at War Update
World at War #66 has just shipped and features Cruise of the Graf Spee. World at War #67 with Battle of Changsha will ship in early July. For previews go to: WorldatWarMagazine.com
Decision Games – next 90 days
Dispatch has mailed. Four new mini games are available: Montrose, Khartoum, Lawrence, and Telemark. Four new folio games are available for pre-order: Utah, Omaha, Gold/Juno, and Sword (these combine to make a campaign game). Bleeding Kansas and Cobra will be available in a few weeks. Desert Fox Deluxe will be available in July. Lucky Forward will be released in Q4 2019.
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics #311 (Pacific Subs solo)
- Modern War #36 (Cold Start)
- Olympic & Coronet reprint (zip-lock)
- World War I Deluxe Edition
- D-Day at Iwo Jima
- Vikings solo mini-game
- Rogers’ Rangers solo mini-game
- Hawaii, 1795 mini-game
- Red Eagles mini-game
- Coronel and Falklands (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- River Plate and Denmark Straits (new Dreadnaughts and Battlewagons folio system)
- World at War #61 (Peaks of the Caucasus)
- Strategy & Tactics #312 (Alesia)
- Modern War #37 (Putin Moves South)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #3: Battle of Stalingrad (map poster, no game)
- World at War #62 (Belchite and Teruel)
- Strategy & Tactics #313 (Windhoek)
- Modern War #38 (Soyuz ‘81)
- World at War #63 (Central Pacific Campaign)
- Strategy & Tactics #314 (Last Stand at Isandlwana)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #4: World War III: What Ifs
- Modern War #39 (AOE Iran)
- World at War #64 (Rats of Tobruk)
- Strategy & Tactics #315 (Red Tide South)
- Modern War #40 (Chechnya)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #5: French Foreign Legion (with map poster)
- World at War #65 (Typhoon solo)
- Strategy & Tactics #316 (Campaigns of 1777)
- Modern War #41 (Sixth Fleet)
- World at War #66 (Cruise of the Graf Spee)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #6: D-Day (with map poster)
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics #317 (Moscow) – Jul
- Modern War #42 (Dragon Engulfed the Sun) – Jul
- World at War #67 (Changsha) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #318 (Constantinople) – Sep
- Modern War #43 (Operation Serval) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #7: The Crusades (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #68 (France 40) – Oct
- Strategy & Tactics #319 (Schlieffen’s War) – Nov
- Modern War #44 (Desert One War) – Nov
- World at War #69 (First Panzer Breakout) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #320 (Sepoy Mutiny) – Jan
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #8: Tet Offensive – Winter
- Modern War #45 (Dragon & Hermit) – Jan
- World at War #70 (Great Pacific War) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #321 (Airborne Korea) – Mar
- Modern War #46 (Foreign Legion Paratrooper) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #9: American Revolution – Spring
- World at War #71 (Forgotten Pacific Battles) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #322 (Banana Wars) – May
- Modern War #47 (Objective Nuremberg) – May
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #10: Operation Whirlwind – Summer
- World at War #72 (Paratrooper 2) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #323 (Rangers) – Jul
- Modern War #48 (Block-by-Block: Hue) – Jul
- World at War #73 (Spring Awakening) – Aug
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Lawrence solo mini-game
- Telemark solo mini-game
- Khartoum mini-game
- Montrose mini-game
- Sword folio
- Juno/Gold folio
- Omaha folio
- Utah folio
- Bleeding Kansas
- Cobra reprint (boxed)
- RAF (third printing with mounted game board and full-color rules booklets)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- Axis Empires Expansion Kit
- Battle for Germany Deluxe (boxed edition)
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Hornet’s Nest mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- North African Campaign
- D-Day at Saipan
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!