Here’s the latest news from Decision Games, as of 12 Oct 2020:
It’s Dispatch Time!
Dispatch is posted and in the mail. Check out the deals on all our newest releases. Renew or add new game edition subscriptions for bonus vouchers. Read the pledge program update and see the projected releases for 2021.
Battle for Germany Deluxe Edition
Battle for Germany Deluxe Edition pledge and pre-orders have shipped.
All D-Day Quad Deluxe, Lucky Forward and D-Day at Omaha Beach pledge and pre-orders have shipped. If you ordered and your credit card has not processed, please contact Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your order.
Lucky Forward is shipping to stores.
Magazine and Mini Game Playtesters
Thank you to all the volunteers who have tested our games. Contact Doc at email@example.com if interested.
We’re looking for gamers who’d like to be in the pool for testing our games. In general, we need at least four play test sessions over an eight-week period to play the game and provide a summary of questions, clarifications, and play balance comments. Send an e-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and preferences.
We also have magazine games available for play test with Vassal modules. Click here.
DGHQ Open Playtest
We are testing our future magazine games, mini and folio games, as well as our future boxed games. Anyone interested can contact Doug at email@example.com for additional information and directions.
We are seeking applicants for a Web Developer (local or remote) to work on a thorough update of our web sites. Contact Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time contractor positions for game developers are open for the upcoming Science Fiction and Euro Game lines (can be done from anywhere but have a required annual meeting with the Publisher and Managing Game Developer). Contact Doc at email@example.com
Computer Game Playtesters
D-Day at Peleliu is testing. E-mail Doc at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Our Vassal section is growing and now has over 150 modules total. We are adding modules on a regular basis from both our dedicated group of module creators as well as outside submissions. Thanks to everyone who has submitted modules as well as those who are utilizing the Vassal modules created specifically in support of our play testing program. Please click here for an update on our progress and to visit our module page.
We have finished over 100 magazine game play test modules and are looking for testers. We’ve made the process easy by setting up a separate page with all of the modules (and brief game descriptions) available for play test and an easy registration process to receive them. We’d appreciate your input on these games so they will be even better! Click here.
Strategy & Tactics Quarterly
STQ#11 features Thirty Years War has shipped. STQ#12 features Dreadnoughts and will be shipping 1 Dec. Get the current issue now!
Strategy & Tactics Update
Strategy & Tactics #324 features Fight the Fall and has shipped. Strategy & Tactics #325 features Italian-Ottoman War and will ship by 20 Oct. For previews go here.
Modern War Update
Modern War #50 features Putin Moves East has shipped. Modern War #51 features Objective Frankfurt and will ship by 1 Dec. The Seven Days to the Rhine series begins in #47 and continues in alternate issues through #55. For previews go here.
World at War Update
World at War #74 with Munich War has shipped. World at War #75 with Centrifugal Offensive will ship in 17 Nov. For previews go here.
Decision Games – next 180 days
Lucky Forward and D-Day at Omaha Beach are shipping now to individuals and stores.
D-Day Quad Deluxe has shipped to individuals. It will be shipping to stores in late November.
After the D-Day folios began selling out only a few months after their initial release last year, we decided to make a combined edition with a mounted game board. Reminiscent of the SPI Quadrigames, we put all four together in one box. The four games can be played individually, in pairs, or altogether in a combined campaign game.
Battle for Germany Deluxe includes an enlarged and expanded map board, counter sets for the original Dunnigan design from Strategy & Tactics, the 1995 DG/MOVES edition, and new optional supply counters and rules courtesy of aficionado Donald Johnson. Order Now!
All six games of the Der Weltkrieg Series, are available for direct orders and at retailers. Tannenberg includes a streamlined 16-page rules booklet, 140 counters, and a 17” x 22” map. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site. Dave has also added a tutorial video series to his web site.
Recent Magazine and Boxed Games Now Available:
- Strategy & Tactics #319 (Schlieffen’s War)
- RAF Deluxe (box game w/ 2-sided mounted board)
- Modern War #44 (Desert One War)
- Desert Fox Deluxe (boxed edition)
- World at War #69 (Breakout: First Panzer Army)
- Strategy & Tactics #320 (Sepoy Mutiny)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #8: Tet Offensive
- Modern War #45 (Dragon & Hermit)
- World at War #70 (Great Pacific War)
- Strategy & Tactics #321 (Airborne Korea)
- Modern War #46 (Foreign Legion Paratrooper)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #9: American Revolution
- World at War #71 (Forgotten Pacific Battles)
- Strategy & Tactics #322 (Banana Wars)
- Modern War #47 (Objective Nuremberg-Seven Days to the Rhine series)
- World at War #72 (Paratrooper 2)
- Strategy & Tactics #323 (Rangers)
- Modern War #48 (Block-by-Block: Hue)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #10: Operation Whirlwind
- Lucky Forward: The Lorraine Campaign (GOSS)
- D-Day at Omaha Beach (4th printing)
- World at War #73 (Spring Awakening)
- Strategy & Tactics #324 (Fight the Fall)
- Modern War #49 (Objective Munich)
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #11: Thirty Years War (map poster, no game) – Fall
- World at War #74 (Munich War) – Oct
Projected Release Schedule for next 12 months (Dates subject to change)
- Strategy & Tactics #325 (Italo-Turkish War) – Nov
- Modern War #50 (Putin Moves East) – Nov
- World at War #75 (Centrifugal Offensive) – Dec
- Strategy & Tactics #326 (Mukden) – Jan
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #12: Dreadnoughts – Winter
- Modern War #51 (Objective Frankfurt-Seven Days to the Rhine series) – Jan
- World at War #76 (Operation Jupiter) – Feb
- Strategy & Tactics #327 (Suwalki Gap) – Mar
- Modern War #52 (World War Africa) – Mar
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #13: Thirty Years War – Spring
- World at War #77 (Winter War-Finland) – Apr
- Strategy & Tactics #328 (Vicksburg) – May
- Modern War #53 (Objective Kassel-Seven Days to the Rhine series) – May
- World at War #78 (Drive on Suez) – Jun
- Strategy & Tactics #329 (Shanghai-Nanking Campaign) – Jul
- Modern War #54 (Upper Karabakh War) – Jul
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #14: Origins of World War I – Summer
- World at War #79 (Manchukuo) – Aug
- Strategy & Tactics #330 (Mediterranean Empires) – Sep
- Modern War #55 (Objective Hamburg-Seven Days to the Rhine series) – Sep
- Strategy & Tactics Quarterly #15: Napoleon Battle Analysis – Fall
- World at War #85 (Budapest) – Oct
Boxed Games and Other Projects:
- Battles in the East #1: North Ukraine and Warsaw (new series)
- Corrupt Bargain: 1824 Presidential Election
- Midway Solitaire Deluxe
- Hougoumont mini-game
- Balaclava mini-game
- Hornet’s Nest mini-game
- Little Round Top mini-game
- D-Day at Saipan
- Battles in the East #2: Uman and Tula (new series)
- Red Dragon Deluxe Edition
- Pork Chop Hill folio (solo)
- Shores of Tripoli mini-game (solo)
- Sand Pebbles mini-game (solo)
- StarSoldier mini-game x2 (solo)
- Kircholm mini-game
- Market-Garden (GOSS)
- Battles in the East #3: Battle for Pomerania and Drive to the Sea (new series)
- Axis Empires
- Napoleon 20 series: Imperial Sunrise (new series)
We’re adding something to our site all the time, so keep checking back!